Click the button below to download Hudson’s resume. (78 Kb PDF)
Hudson Oliveira began his career in Brazil on a TV show when he was 9 years old. He went on to sing in concert performances such as “Messiah” and “Carmen Burana” and accomplished the following before moving to the United States:
• 1997: Nominated for Best Supporting Actor by SATED (Brazilian equivalent of SAG-AFTRA) for his role in the major production, “Hilda Furacao.”
• 1998: Nominated by SATED for Best Actor for in his role as Robin in the production “Robin Hood.”
• 1999: Named Best Dancer by SATED for the main role in the acclaimed Brazilian and European production “Terra Brasilis,” produced by Companhia de Danca Movimento.
• 2000: Awarded winner of the national contest for achievement in performing arts, held by the Ministry of Education of Brazil. Awarded an international grant by the Brazilian Government to advance his skills in musical theatre.
Hudson utilized his grant by completing the musical theatre and drama program at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York City. From there, he developed his career in America:
• 2001-Present: Composed songs and recorded them in English and Spanish.
• 2002: Served as a music teacher in the New York public school system and as a dance instructor at the New York Dance Center.
• 2003: Appeared in numbers from Broadway musicals such as “Phantom of The Opera”, “Grease”, “Beauty and The Beast,” “Chicago,” “Mama Mia” and “Hair Spray” while touring with an entertainment company throughout the U.S.
• 2004-Present: Performed as disc jockey and master of ceremonies for various occasions, from private parties such as mitzvah, weddings and anniversaries to corporate holiday events for top companies such as L’Oreal, Tropicana, Comcast and Nestle and major events like the ING New York City Marathon.
• 2005: Joined SAG-AFTRA and began working as a screen actor.
• 2007: Performed voice-over for the Portuguese version of classic cartoons and movies, including Warner Brothers’ “Bugs Bunny,” “Superman,” and “Casper The Friendly Ghost,” and Walt Disney’s “Peter Pan.”
• 2008: Played the role of Jose in the award-winning, independent film “Taxi Dancer,” by Kami Zargham.
• 2009: Played Hudson in “Post-it Girl,” a short film by Holden Kim and winner of Calvin Klein’s “What Are You In2″ contest.
• 2010-2012: Appeared as Rabbit in “Alice in Wonderland;” Scarecrow in “The Wizard of Oz;“ and Jack in “Jack and the Bean Stalk” for the Patty Cake Theatre under New York City’s program to bring art to all the boroughs.
• 2014: Created and debuted the much anticipated musical video “The Light Is in You,” which contains unreleased music that he had composed and recorded earlier.